Lovely Ricotta and Pear Crostini
We’re rounding out the vacation season and on the point of ring within the new 12 months! Let’s do it with a straightforward, completely scrumptious appetizer you’ll wish to make again and again.
I shared these ricotta and pear crostini final 12 months and completely fell in love. They’re topped with savory prosciutto and a candy & salty nut and seed crunch combination that may have your tastebuds dancing. Add a little bit freshness with zippy arugula, and don’t overlook a drizzle of honey to prime all of it off!
The workforce and I have been obsessive about this recipe once we examined it for the vacations final 12 months. The ricotta combination alone is so creamy and shiny, I extremely suggest making a double batch to place in your morning toast. Actually, let’s petition to start out consuming these crostini for breakfast as a result of they’re simply so rattling good.
I’ve included tremendous simple methods to customise these pear ricotta crostini so you’ll be able to actually go wild! Serve them up for Christmas, New Yr’s Eve, or only a enjoyable date night time on this season.
What you’ll must make these ricotta pear crostini
These simple pear and ricotta crostini severely have an explosion of flavors and textures that you simply’ll fall in love with. Plus, they’re simple to customise! Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Bread: I like to recommend utilizing a French baguette as a result of it’s simple to prime and toasts up properly. You’ll want a little bit olive oil for baking them.
- For the ricotta combination: you’ll combine entire milk ricotta with lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Really easy and so scrumptious.
- Pears: be happy to slice purple or inexperienced pears for the highest.
- Prosciutto: I really like the savory, salty aspect that prosciutto provides to every crostini.
- Arugula: you’ll additionally add some arugula for freshness.
- For the nut crunch: we’re toasting up pistachios and pumpkin seeds with a little bit maple syrup and sea salt for a candy, salty and crunchy chew.
- To prime: I additionally wish to drizzle with honey and prime with a sprinkle of sea salt. YUM.
Simple methods to customise
This ricotta pear crostini is tremendous simple to customise to your style preferences!
- Swap your fruit: be happy to make use of sliced apples and even grapes.
- Select your cheese: this crostini would even be scrumptious with a melty cheese like brie, gruyere or fontina.
- Greens or no greens: I really like the freshness that arugula provides to each chew, however you’ll be able to omit it for those who don’t have any.
Seeking to spice issues up?
Be at liberty so as to add a little bit warmth to those pear and ricotta crostini by sprinkling a little bit cayenne pepper in with the nut crunch combination, or by drizzling them with scorching honey! To make scorching honey you’ll merely combine 2 tablespoons of honey with 1/2 teaspoon of scorching sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Easy swaps for any weight loss plan sort
For those who’re feeding associates or household which have dietary restrictions, there are tremendous simple methods to accommodate:
- To make vegetarian: merely omit the prosciutto.
- To make gluten free: use your favourite gluten free baguette or loaf.
- To make nut free: omit the pistachios and simply use pumpkin seeds within the crunchy combination.
Pear and ricotta crostini in 4 simple steps
- Toast your baguette. Place your baguette slices on a ready baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake them till they’re a little bit toasted on the sides.
- Make the nut crunch. Subsequent, toast the pistachios and pumpkin seeds in a skillet till they’re barely golden and aromatic, then flip off the warmth and stir in maple syrup and sea salt. Set them on a plate or parchment paper to chill.
- Combine the ricotta. Lastly, combine the ricotta with lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Assemble & serve. Spoon a little bit ricotta combination onto every crostini, then prime with prosciutto, a slice of pear, and a little bit little bit of the nut crunch combination. Drizzle with a little bit honey, add just a few leaves of arugula, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve!
Make them forward of time
I wouldn’t suggest totally making the ricotta and pear crostini forward of time, however you’ll be able to slice your baguette, combine collectively the ricotta combination, and make the nut crunch a day or two forward in order that they’re a breeze to assemble! Merely retailer the ricotta combination within the fridge till you’re able to assemble.
These pear and ricotta crostini are finest when loved day-of, so for those who’re solely feeding a handful of individuals I’d suggest solely assembling ones that can be eaten. Be at liberty to retailer any leftover ricotta combination within the fridge to make extra crostini the subsequent day!
Extra enjoyable appetizers to strive
Get all of our superb appetizer recipes right here!
I hope you like these ricotta and pear crostini! For those who make them remember to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Ricotta and Pear Crostini with Salty Pumpkin Seed Pistachio Crunch
Beautiful ricotta and pear crostini with savory prosciutto, contemporary arugula and a salty pumpkin seed pistachio crunch combination. This simple appetizer is the right mixture of candy, savory, creamy and crunchy and is assured to impress visitors! Prime with honey and a sprinkle of sea salt for the final word taste combo.
french baguette, reduce diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- Olive oil, for drizzling
entire milk ricotta
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Freshly floor salt and pepper, to style
ripe purple or inexperienced pears, thinly sliced
prosciutto, reduce into 18-20 items and rolled
- For the nut crunch combination:
uncooked pumpkin seeds
pure maple syrup
- Sea salt
- Honey, for drizzling
- Sea salt for sprinkle
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Place baguette slices on prime of a big baking sheet and drizzle with a little bit little bit of olive oil. For those who can’t match all of them, you’ll want to make use of two baking sheets. Bake for 7-10 minutes till crostini is considerably toasted alongside the sides.
Make your nut crunch combination: place pistachios and pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium warmth. Toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring incessantly till they flip barely golden brown and aromatic, then flip off warmth and instantly add in maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Stir for 30 extra seconds to coat, then switch to a plate or piece of parchment paper to chill for a couple of minutes. Among the nuts will barely stick collectively however that is what we would like for the ‘nut crunch’. Enable to chill for five minutes.
In a medium bowl combine collectively the ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt and pepper. Add a few tablespoon of ricotta combination on prime, then prime with prosciutto, a sliced pear and a little bit little bit of the nut crunch combination. Drizzle with a tiny little bit of honey and add just a few leaves of arugula on prime. Sprinkle with freshly floor salt and pepper. Makes roughly 18-22 crostini.
See the complete submit for suggestions, tips & methods to customise your crostini!
Servings: 22 servings
Serving measurement: 1 crostini
Saturated fats: 1.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed on December thirteenth, 2021, and republished on December twenty second, 2022.